Monday, September 7, 2009

Corn and Basil Salad with a little apology



No, I haven't forgotten about this blog, I just have been so busy I've hardly had the time to work on new recipes let alone blog them.
This little recipe is a combination of a few I've seen on TV and in cooking light magazine in recent weeks. The better half wanted me to come up with a "corn salad" to put with grilled Salmon or similar. Since I smoked some salmon on a bed of red onion and basil I figured taking those elements and bringing them to the salad would sort of "marry" the two items flavor wise. It worked and as the better half says "This must be one of your go to recipes". High praise indeed.
Corn and Basil Salad
  • 2 1 lb bags frozen corn thawed and drained
  • cooking spray
  • 1 T butter
  • 1/2 C loosely packed, chopped fresh basil
  • 1 small red onion, diced
  • 3 T red wine vinegar
  • 3T evoo
  • 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
  • 1/2 t coarse ground sea salt
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add butter. Add corn and saute for about 5 minutes or until a few kernels begin to brown. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
In mixing bowl add corn and remaining ingredients. Toss lightly until all combined. Serve at room temp or cold.

No comments: