Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sourdough Pancakes


Some 30 years ago my Aunt Anna Mae in Duluth, MN got me hooked on Sourdough Pancakes and to this day they are my favorite.  No kidding they are the bomb-diggity best ever.  Her starter is what I got my first start from and it was a winner.  I don't remember her doing the bread so much, but do remember her making those pancakes every time I visited.

Sourdough Pancakes

  • 2 C Sourdough Sponge
  • 1/4 c  luke warm water or milk
  • 2 T sugar
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 4 T oil or melted butter

Dissolve sugar, salt, soda in the water.  Add the water mixture to the sponge along with egg and oil.  Stir until just mixed, do not over mix.  Let rest 5 minutes before using the batter.  Fry up on hot griddle, serve warm with butter and syrup.

No comments: