Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stooopid easy dinner

I love to eat. I love to cook. Somedays one just hasn't got the time, energy for doing up a big meal. Enter Fresh & Easy, a new market idea in the LA Area. Am a fan, but then again I knew they were coming for a couple of years before the first store opened near me in Arcadia.



Fresh & Easy is owned by the UK Giant Tesco. This is the small neighborhood market with a huge selection of ready to cook dinners. A life saver when live just grinds you too tired to be productive. Between it and Costco I rarely go to a regular grocery store anymore.


Doctoring is the key to making the store bought stuff better and "your own". I started with their nifty Pork Medallions with Chipotle Cream Sauce. Garnish was easy...topped it with F&E Roast Peppers after I browned them off then poured on the Chipotle Cream.


I served it over my "latin rice" which is a easy toss together with staples I always have on hand. In this case salsa and canned roasted peppers. Add in the F&E Cheesey Brocolli and dinner is done in 8 minutes.



Easy Latin Rice


  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can Minute Rice
  • 1 T dried chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 C salsa fresca
  • 1/4 c coarse chopped roasted pepper.


Add broth, rice and cilantro to Microwave proof bowl. Heat on HIGH for 5 minutes until it comes to a simmer. Let sit covered 5 minutes. Just before serving add salsa fresca and roasted pepper. Toss with fork and it is ready to go.


There you go a stupid easy dinner that looks and tastes like you busted your hump getting it out in 10 minutes.

No comments: