Saturday, March 22, 2014

Crispy Mustard Roasted Chicken - not my recipe but tasty still

OK, Ina Garten better known as the Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorite cooks on TV.  This recipe took a few tweaks to make it really move from good to incredible.  The recipe is Crispy Mustard Roasted Chicken and it really is quite tasty.

There are two hints to make it better.  First is take it easy with the salt, the breading calls for 2 T salt.  I was leary of that much, but followed the recipe as directed.  Way too salty. Second iteration I cut it back to 1/2 teaspoon and the results were perfect.

The other hint is that as this is't fried but is baked using the convection bake cycle on your oven yields a much crispier crunchy topping that is well browned.

Overall I give this recipe 4 out of 5 possible starts.  Why only 4?  Well the adults in the house loved it and raved about it.  The kids, not so much.  I'll reserve this for dinner parties with adults as it really is quite tasty.

No comments: