Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pasta Salad

I have a small party that I am putting side dishes together for.  Since its an afternoon party with sandwiches catered I was left with the task of making sides.  Funny how that happens, eh?

One suggestion was a pasta salad.  I thought to my self, "self what can you do different other than just boiling pasta"?  I came up with a few ideas.  Pasta salads usually missing some crunch.  Italians use nuts to add crunch and another level of flavor to pesto, why not take that trick and add to the pasta salad?  I did and it worked out pretty good if I say so myself.

For the Salad dressing I opted to grab the Ken's Steak House Italian with Romano cheese.  Adds that nice cheesy salty flavor you get with pesto as well.  Gotta keep the flavor profile string moving along.

Pasta Salad

  • 12 oz rainbow rotini pasta cooked according to package directions
  • 4 oz pepperoni sliced and chopped
  • 1 bunch spring onions thinly sliced
  • 8 oz cherry tomatoes
  • 3/4 c chopped walnuts
  • 3/4 c frozen peas
  • Italian Salad Dressing with Cheese to taste
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste



Take your cooked and cooled pasta.  Add the pepperoni, onions, tomato, walnut and peas.  Toss lightly and then add about 1/2 c salad dressing and toss again to coat.  Add more salad dressing if it appears to light for your tastes.  Add salt and pepper to taste as needed.

No comments: