Friday, February 8, 2008

Seared Salmon, two ways, two nights

I'm a big fan of making enough of something so I can use it another time in something different. Life is frantic and eating out just isn't always the indicated option. I got the idea for this from a recent cooking magazine and a trip to Surfas where I found some affordable smoked paprika.
I opted for a sweet smoked paprika as I don't usually care for things to bitter on the entree. Just me on that decision. I am going to eventually try the bitter and hot versions and will drop a note on how I like them.

Seared Salmon Steaks
  • 6 oz salmon steak
  • 1/2 t steak seasoning salt blend (I use Lawry's Montreal)
  • 1/2 t onion powder
  • 1 t smoked paprika

Divide the seasoning for each side of the salmon steak. Heat nonstick pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Heat to shimmering. Add salmon and sear about 3-4 minutes, flip and cook another 3 -4 minutes until just cooked through.

I served the ones for the first night over steamed rice and green beans on the side. The next night with the extra small filets I warmed just a bit, sliced them and put them on a tossed salad of mixed greens with a light vinaigrette

No comments: